Years Seven to Eight
Talk & Tours meet a number of year seven and eight curriculum areas:
- Develop skills in planning and designing artworks and documenting artistic practice
- Analyse how ideas and viewpoints are expressed in art works and how they are viewed by audiences Identify and connect specific features of visual artworks from different cultures, historical and contemporary times, including artworks by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples (VCAA).
- Identify and connect specific features of visual artworks from different cultures, historical and contemporary times, including artworks by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples Develop ways to enhance their intentions as artists through exploration of how artists use materials, techniques, technologies and processes (ACAVAM119).
- Develop planning skills for art making by exploring techniques and processes used by different artists (ACAVAM120).
- Analyse how artists use visual conventions in artworks (ACAVAR123).
- Identify and connect specific features and purposes of visual artworks from contemporary and past times to explore viewpoints and enrich their art-making, starting with Australian artworks, including those of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples (ACAVAR124).
Suggested Talk &Tours
Curriculum Connections: Through in-depth analysis of a specific exhibition, theme or artist. Opportunity is given to consider and discuss the artworks, their cultural and social contexts, possible interpretations and meanings (60 minutes)
Artist workshops for secondary aged student: $80 per group
Self-guided tours: Exhibition tours are a great way to discover the exhibitions at Arts Space Wodonga independently and can be further enhanced by our education resources. If you’d like to visit independently with your school group, it’s really important that you book ahead so that we can accommodate you and make sure your needs are met.
Please note bookings are essential for all education programs at Arts Space Wodonga. The booking form is available to download from this website.