Year Nine to Ten
Talk & Tours meet a number of year nine and ten curriculum areas:
- Conceptualise, plan and design artworks that express ideas, concepts and artistic intentions.
- Create, present, analyse and evaluate displays of artwork considering how ideas can be conveyed to an audience
- Analyse and interpret artworks to explore the different forms of expression, intentions and viewpoints of artists and how they are viewed by audiences.
- Analyse, interpret and evaluate a range of visual artworks from different cultures, historical and contemporary contexts, including artworks by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to explore differing viewpoints (VCAA).
- Plan and design artworks that represent artistic intention (ACAVAM128).
- Evaluate how representations communicate artistic intentions in artworks they make and view to inform their future art making (ACAVAR130).
- Analyse a range of visual artworks from contemporary and past times to explore differing viewpoints and enrich their visual art making, starting with Australian artworks, including those of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and consider international artworks (ACAVAR131).
Suggested Talk &Tours
Curriculum Connections: Through in-depth analysis of a specific exhibition, theme or artist. Opportunity is given to consider and discuss the artworks, their cultural and social contexts, possible interpretations and meanings (60 minutes)
Artist workshops for secondary aged students: $80 per group
Self-guided tours: Exhibition tours are a great way to discover the exhibitions at Arts Space Wodonga independently and can be further enhanced by our education resources. If you’d like to visit independently with your school group, it’s really important that you book ahead so that we can accommodate you and make sure your needs are met.
Please note bookings are essential for all education programs at Arts Space Wodonga. The booking form is available to download from this website.
(The Arts Scope and Sequence: Visual Arts Foundation to Year 10 Australian Curriculum F-10)