Year Nine to Ten
Talk & Tours meet a number of year nine and ten curriculum areas:
- Conceptualise, plan and design artworks that express ideas, concepts and artistic intentions.
- Create, present, analyse and evaluate displays of artwork considering how ideas can be conveyed to an audience
- Analyse and interpret artworks to explore the different forms of expression, intentions and viewpoints of artists and how they are viewed by audiences.
- Analyse, interpret and evaluate a range of visual artworks from different cultures, historical and contemporary contexts, including artworks by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to explore differing viewpoints (VCAA).
- Plan and design artworks that represent artistic intention (ACAVAM128).
- Evaluate how representations communicate artistic intentions in artworks they make and view to inform their future art making (ACAVAR130).
- Analyse a range of visual artworks from contemporary and past times to explore differing viewpoints and enrich their visual art making, starting with Australian artworks, including those of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and consider international artworks (ACAVAR131).
Suggested Talk &Tours
Curriculum Connections: Through in-depth analysis of a specific exhibition, theme or artist. Opportunity is given to consider and discuss the artworks, their cultural and social contexts, possible interpretations and meanings (60 minutes)
Artist workshops for secondary aged students: $80 per group
Self-guided tours: Exhibition tours are a great way to discover the exhibitions at Arts Space Wodonga independently and can be further enhanced by our education resources. If you’d like to visit independently with your school group, it’s really important that you book ahead so that we can accommodate you and make sure your needs are met.
Retrospect: Community Installation Project
Mixed Media Fabric Play: A free schools workshop with resident artist Vicki Luke introducing students to mixed media techniques on fabric. All primary and secondary aged students welcome.
Monday June 24, 11am or noon. Bookings essential with your preferred day and time.
Just Paint: An extra special Just Paint workshop with resident artist Vicki Luke. Play and experiment with different techniques on fabric. All primary and secondary aged students welcome.
Wednesday June 26, 4pm to 5.30pm. $10 per student.
Leave your mark: Visit Arts Space Wodonga to make a tracing of your figure . Resident artist Beth Peters will create an installation within the gallery space using this ”record” of your visit.
From Monday, July 22 to Saturday, August 3. All primary and secondary aged students welcome.
Go Figure: A free schools workshop featuring string art with resident artist Beth Peters. All primary and secondary aged students welcome.
From Monday, August 19 to Friday, August 30. Bookings essential with your preferred day and time.
Please note bookings are essential for all education programs at Arts Space Wodonga.
(The Arts Scope and Sequence: Visual Arts Foundation to Year 10 Australian Curriculum F-10)